Looking for prime retail space?
We are looking for LOCAL ARTISANS to exhibit their work alongside Urban B in prime Oswestry retail space.
As small makers ourselves, we have not wanted to sell to retailers at wholesale prices as we don’t feel that we want to cut our margins so low for such individual and passionate work.
We have come up with the idea of a collaboration of local artisans that feel the same way; wanting retail space and exposure but without the full time tie and expense of a premises to themselves.
Benefits of a collaboration:
- Permanent presence 6 days a week in newly refurbished central Oswestry retail space.
- Fixed price rent with no other hidden costs so when you make a sale 100% of this comes to you (minus a small card handling fee from provider, approximately 1.4% + 20p).
- NO CASH – sophisticated software taking card payments that sends money straight into your account.
- Product listings on the under one roof website so you can make extra online sales, plus click and collect from the shop.
- Marketing – at least once a month your product will be featured in our social media campaign. We will also use proceeds from your rent to go towards a more extensive marketing campaign.
- At least one of your products will be featured in the window display at all times.
- The option to reduce your monthly rent by working in the shop one day a month, full training provided. However, if you aren’t in a position to be able to work, your rent covers all staffing costs so it really is a “hands free” prospect.
- 3 month minimum contract then moving onto rolling monthly cost so the financial risk is very low.
- All of this from just £16.30 per week (providing you volunteer once a month).
- Display shelving provided for you to get creative with and showcase your work. Standard shelving is 1m wide, 2m tall and 45cm deep with up to 5 adjustable shelves so you can make a display space that works for your product. Other spaces available if this isn’t suitable, speak with Sarah to discuss options.
for 6 days a week exposure in retail space without needing to be present
Comparable Market Prices:
These prices can range massively, we have done fairs and artisan markets with Urban B ranging from £15 to £1000’s but all that setting up, clearing down and manning the stall is exhausting, albeit good fun!
A half day maker’s market in a nearby small town can easily be £50 per stall whereby you have to provide staff and pay for fuel and parking in order to attend. Yes we appreciate the guaranteed footfall but feel having the 6 day a week exposure for a fraction of this price is great value for money.
It is also great for your customers to know you have permanent shop space as they can come and find your prodcuts at a convenient time for them, not just when the markets are on.
We feel that this exposure to retail space, alongside some markets as well, is a great balance to getting your items seen.